Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Starting a fairy or gnome garden


I saw something interesting on this cute little blog the other day http://www.cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com/ about fairy gardens. It seemed like such a cute idea, and the planning and gathering of stuff for it might be almost as fun as the finished product. Since I'm not big on fairies, I will probably use little gnomes (I am watching some on Ebay along with some other mini garden accessories), but I will also scour the thrift stores where I have previous had luck in finding miniatures for the patio plants.


I also came up with the idea of making a fun one. I have some lego mini sets (pirate ones) that I have been collecting, so I may make another one and use them in it. Anything that you want to do in miniature would be cute for one of these little gardens and you can change or add things as you come across them.


I'm going to post regular updates leading up to putting it together and the final product althoug I may be a few weeks away from the finished product.


I'm adding a picture of an especially cute one.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea especially the pirate Lego kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is excellent....I really liked your blog, appreciate the great information about garden accessories

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete