Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm Going Nuts!!!

    Ha!  Those who know me well are probably not surprised by this (right Cat? :-) )  Not the insane kind, it is pecan season here in Texas and since there are pecan trees on the property where I live I can pick as many as I can find for FREE!!!  There may be lots of shocked people at the fact that I am posting, but now that I'm finished with graduate school I will have more time for playing around with the blog.  If anyone has any great pecan recipes I would love it if you would share them.  There will be a few pecan pies in my future, but other than that I'm open to suggestions for the 50 + pounds that I will end up with. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!!! I love pecan. My dad was from Alabama and family would send us some. Nothing like fresh pecans.
    To hell with the recipes, eat them all fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back!!! I'm sure I can find a cheesecake recipe somewhere around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was young my step father, who was from NC, would put pecans in a frying pan with butter and salt to toast them up. They were delicious. I've made them as an adult but pecans just ain't cheap here in FL so it's a treat when I do buy some. Thanks so much for becoming a "Peep" today. ;-)
    ´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
    ♥•.*.*.*.Cherry*.*.*.•♥
    ♥•.*.*.*.Chick.*.*.*.•♥
    ¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

    ReplyDelete