Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Farmer's Market and maybe some salsa


Last Saturday I went to the farmer's market (located behind the Pearl Brewery on the Riverwalk). As you might be able to tell from the picture, there are lots of vendors and there is live music and food, and you can even buy an orchid or some Texas meat. This particular market is held every Saturday, so if you are in the area and looking for some local grown veggies give it a try. I will post soon my attempt to make salsa. I bought a couple of baskets of tomatoes and I grow my own cilatro and jalapenos, and I have lots of onions from the last time I went. The farmer's market is held every day in a different part of the city, so if you miss it one day you can find one the next. You might be wondering what looked good.. I got lots of zucchini, some yellow squash and of course the tomatoes. There are still a few peaches here and there but I don't think they look that good this year. Wish me luck on the salsa....

No comments:

Post a Comment