Monday, July 6, 2009

Save your money!


This post is not going to be how I initially imagined it. Last Thursday I went to the Ringling Bros. Circus that came to San Antonio for the week. Now, I have only been to the circus one other time in my life and I thought it would be something different and fun. Wow! When did the circus become a bad musical? The ringmaster sang throughout the whole thing and the acts were less than impressive. Apparently there are 2 different circuses now.. a red and a blue one. I don't know how this works and after what I saw I don't really care to know. I was watching the reaction of kids around me and most of them were kind of stunned and not really sure what to think. The theme appeared to be "over the top." This is one thing they definitely accomplished. At the beginning everyone came out and there were lights and singing and all kinds of activity and then it was just blah. Sorry for anyone that went and actually enjoyed it. One thing I did like was the motorcycles in the steel ball shaped cage. For an arena the size of the Alamodome they only utilized about a 1/4 of it, so there were obviously not going to be any high wire aerials, and only one entrance was open which made for big crowds getting in. For those who went with kids it must have been like an obstacle course trying to get past all the vendors with the twirly flashing lighted thingy's, and the stuffed animals. Someone told me the lighted twirly things were $25, and a snow cone in a clown mug was $9, and a program was $14. So, if the circus hasn't reached your part of the country yet and you are considering going, please do a little research and make sure that it will be worth the expense to your family....

No comments:

Post a Comment