Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bungalow Hunting and other stuff


Since moving to San Antonio I have been pretty happy where I am. The complex I live in is beautiful and there is plenty of room inside. Recently I have been thinking about having a house again and I would LOVE to have a cute little bungalow. I do not miss trying to keep up repairs on a home like I did in Houston or worry about things breaking, but a little tiny house would be great. There are plenty of older neighborhoods here in San Antonio and lots of these types of houses available. Now all I have to do is come up with some kind of plan to pay for it. I have a goal, 2 years to find a way to make it happen! I've been looking at pictures and thought I would post one of the type of little house I am looking for.


Thrift store finds: Today at the thrift store I found some straight pins for the pin cushin I got on etsy.com. Since I purchased some last week at the fabric store, I know that the .10 I paid at the thrift store for the ones with little pearl balls on the end is a great deal. Now to get the sewing box organized and start working on some projects. Oh, I also found a package of vintage yarn needles for .10.


More Christmas shopping today. Found some cute little outfits for my niece and picked up a couple other things (sorry Laura, but I HATE shopping in December!). My budget this year is very limited so I'm having to be much more careful about planning what I will give to everyone and since I'm not in a hurry it's really been a lot of fun.


Friday I am making a turkey dinner. There were some huge birds at HEB this week and with the price less than ground beef I couldn't refuse. Wish us all luck this week as I am making ossobucco on Wednesday with beef shank from the farmer's market. I've never made this before but I've heard it's delicious.


The only other exciting thing is that in my pursuit of free or nearly free activities I finally went and got a library card, and there is a library branch right around the corner from me, yeah! Oh, and I got the dr. to give me a temporary disability placard so it will make getting around much easier for now!


I'd love to hear from anyone who has ideas on the bungalow or if anyone has purchased one that was in not so great shape and rehabed it, or made ossobucco before :-) More updates later.

1 comment:

  1. No idea about the bungalow but good luck. If you plan for it I know you will succeed. I'll forgive your shopping early its the smart thing to do.
    After seeing and reading about your thrift store finds I'm thinking I need to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete