Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thrift store finds and an early Christmas gift

Yesterday I went to the Goodwill store that is right down the street. They usually have some cute things. I found a vintage beaded purse (black with embroidered flowers on the front) it is in very good shape, a Mickey Mouse cookbook. This is plastic spiral bound and probably from the 70's with recipes from different disney restaurants, in very good shape. Funny thing about this is that before I could pay for it some guy had offered me $5 and the Goodwill price was $1.99. I think this will be a fun one to look through so I hung onto it. I also found a tile trivel with a rooster. One of my kitchen walls is done in roosters so this will be a nice edition. It is red and white and seems to have been hand made in San Francisco. I don't like posting without photos, but I'll get on that either today or tomorrow and have some photos available. For anyone with a Goodwill if you are looking for sweaters, this is a great place. I found a red cashmere that seemed vintage in great shape but it did not fit too well if I wanted to button it so I put it back for someone else, but I saw plenty of vintage, some landsend pure wool, silk, cashmere, beautiful sweaters! I'll keep looking and since I have plenty of sweaters already I can be picky and wait for something that really jumps out at me.

Now on to a Christmas problem.. I was ordering some things for my little niece for Christmas and came across a great deal online. At Piperlime.com they have adorable baby shoes and the Robeez (sorry if that is spelled wrong) are about $29.99 a pair. For their 3rd birthday (the site) offered a $25 gift certificate for anyone placing an order that day. Seemed like a win/win as I was going to order some cute little shoes anyways. I'm always trying to think of things I can do for others, so I would like to give the gift certificate code to someone who can really use it. Money is tight for a lot of people and this might help solve a problem for someone. Check out the site and tell me why and how you can use the gift code. It won't make the shoes free, but they will be very, very close! I'll pick someone at random.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, I typed out a comment, but it disappeared! Anyway, I went and looked with my daughter, Ryan, and she really liked the Mia shoes (sort of dressy). If I had the GC I would probably use it toward those..they were not one of the high priced pairs, but cute for the holidays! I don't buy expensive shoes for my girls, because there are 3 of them and it would add up fast! So thanks for the great giveaway offer! You rock!
    Warmly,
    Tracey C.

    ReplyDelete